Wecome to WorldAccent, a London-based agency that has provided a high-quality Chinese translation service to businesses and organizations since 1989.
Our comprehensive approach will be tailored to your requirements and targeted to your objectives. And our experience will ensure that you receive accurate, stylish translations on time and on budget.
An expert project manager from our multilingual team will look after your job from receipt through to delivery.
Find out how we can meet your company’s Chinese document translation requirements by contacting us for a free quote, or read on for more information.
Professional Chinese translators
We at WorldAccent understand that successful translations pay attention to style, linguistic connotations and cultural appropriateness.
The Chinese translator we select for your project will be a professional, qualified native speaker. They will also have the skills, educational background, knowledge and experience appropriate for the subject matter of your document, be it financial, technical, legal, or anything else.
Our use of the latest software will ensure consistency within your current translation project and any related ones. It also helps to reduce costs and turnaround times.
Naturally a round of review for any preferential feedback on your Chinese translations is included prior to final delivery.
What type of Chinese translation do you need?
Chinese is not one language, but a family of languages, of which Mandarin has by far the largest number of speakers. Others include Cantonese, Wu and Min. And all are written in either the Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese scripts.
Which Chinese translation you need depends on the location of your target audience or market. Broadly speaking, it is likely to be one of three options:
- Standard Mandarin as used in the the People’s Republic of China and in Singapore. This is written in the Simplified script, and for this reason is often referred to as Simplified Chinese.
- Standard Mandarin as used in Taiwan. As well as having some linguistic differences from that used in mainland China, it is written in the Traditional script. For this reason, it is often referred to as Traditional Chinese.
- Cantonese is the predominant variety of Chinese used in Hong Kong. It is written in the Traditional script, but with significant differences to that used for Mandarin in Taiwan. So when talking about Traditional Chinese, it’s important to be clear which of those two regions it’s intended for.
Not sure which Chinese is right for your project? Get in touch for advice from one of our experienced project managers.
What can we translate into Chinese?
We can translate a wide range of document formats directly into Chinese. There’s usually no need to create a new file or mark up what needs to be translated – just send us your English file as it stands and we will do the rest. Some of our most frequent file formats include InDesign, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, HTML, XML, Illustrator, Quark Xpress, Photoshop and subtitles.
Other Chinese language solutions
WorldAccent also offers a range of other Chinese language services, including copywriting, proofreading, and Mandarin and Cantonese transcription.
We can also provide an integrated Chinese typesetting service if required. Combining translating with typesetting in this way offers efficiencies and economies over carrying them out separately. Our in-house studio has specialist software, a wide range of Chinese fonts, and – perhaps most importantly – more than 25 years’ experience in multilingual typesetting.
Two Chinese points of interest:
- Chinese scholar Yan Fu (1854–1921) said: “there are three difficulties in translation: faithfulness, understandability and elegance”.
- There are over 800 million people who speak Mandarin as their first language.
Chinese translation services, London project management and flawless communication
Get in touch today to find out how this winning combination can meet your business’s Chinese translation needs. Just click on your preferred contact method below.