What is the ITI?
WorldAccent is proud to be a long-term Corporate Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting.
The ITI was founded in 1986 as the only independent professional association of practising translators and interpreters in the United Kingdom.
With its aim of promoting the highest standards in the profession, the ITI serves as a meeting place for all those who understand the importance of translation and interpreting to the economy and society, particularly with the expansion of a single European market of over forty languages and the growth of worldwide communications.
For a translation firm to become a Corporate Member, the ITI specify the following criteria:
- employment of a member of the Institute.
- at least three years’ operation in eligible form.
- two references from clients.
- three references from freelance translators, of whom at least one is a qualified member of the Institute (MITI/FITI).
- undertaking to uphold the ITI Code of Conduct.
- declare and abide by their terms of business for suppliers.
For more information on reassurance of Corporate Membership, see the ITI website.